After you’ve installed the SalesHood Application via the AppExchange into your Salesforce instance, please follow these steps to configure it for your organization:
- Setup App ID and App secret
- Setup “Remote Site Settings”
- Add SalesHood Application to Opportunity Layout
- Allow User Profiles to access the custom pages
Step 1: Setup App ID and App Secret
- Request SalesHood for App ID and App secret. Contact Info: email@example.com
- Input your App ID and App secret in your Salesforce Organization
- Go to App Launcher, find and select App Credentials tab
- Save your App ID and App Secret into the App Credentials
- Click New, and input these (case sensitive):
- App Credential Name: SalesHood Content
- App Id and App Secret: provided by SalesHood
- Credential Name: SalesHood
Step 2: Set API Endpoint
This step is only required for instances who have the domain app.skillshood.com.
- Go to Setup → Quick Find “Custom Metadata Types.”
- Look up “Custom Domain” and click on Manage Records
- Create a new record for Custom Domains
- In domain dropdown, select the domain you want to connect
- If installed to SFDC Production, select app.skillshood.com
- If installed to SFDC Sandbox, select app.preview.skillshood.com
- The Label and Custom Domain Name field can be any name.
- Click Save
Step 3: Add the SalesHood Guided Selling component to Opportunity layout
The component can be added by
- Opportunity Page Layout
- Opportunity FlexiPage
Opportunity Page Layout
- In Lightning Experience: Go to Setup → Quick Find ”Object Manager” → Choose Opportunity → Page Layouts
- In Salesforce Classic: Go to Setup → Quick Find “Opportunities” → Page Layouts
- Choose to edit the opportunity layouts that should include the SalesHood Guided Selling component
- In the edit layout page, drag and drop Fields / Section to wanted part of the opportunity page. Choose 1-Column layout
- Drag and drop Visualforce Pages / SalesHood Guided Selling to the new Section
4. Click on the wrench in top right of the SalesHood Guided Selling frame to access the Visualforce Page Properties, choose:
- Height (in pixels): 500
- Check show scrollbars
- Click Save
- Go to any Opportunity Record Page, click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner, select Edit Page to access the App Builder
2. Drag and drop the VisualForce component from the left panel to the position that the SalesHood Selling Guided component should appear
3. On the right panel, select SalesHood Guided Selling in the Visualforce Page Name dropdown
Step 4: Allow User Profile to access the custom page
The SalesHood Guided Selling package includes two permission sets.
- SalesHood Admin User – Guided Selling, which is recommended for the admin user
- SalesHood Sales User – Guided Selling, which is recommended for the end user.
They should give users sufficient permission to access the Guided Selling application.
Leave A Comment?
You must be logged in to post a comment.