Heatmaps display data as a matrix where individual values are represented on a color scale.
You can use heatmaps to discover trends and understand complex datasets.
In the example above (Image 1), we are tasked with determining the best day to launch and follow up with participants to ensure a high completion rate for Pitch.
- To do this, we want to know which days within the last 12 months had a high pitch completion %
- We built the heatmap chart with the measure: “Pitch Completion %” – shown as an Average
- For the “Row,” we want it shown by “Date” – i.e. group by Day.
- For the “Column,” we want it broken down by User.
- Within the Filter for “Completion Date,” we’ve filtered for the last 12 months.
We were able to see that there were high completion % on Tuesdays and a specific (8/31) Friday.
To learn about other charts, please click here.