The purpose of an Open Huddle is to contain content that can be accessed by anyone in your instance.
Traits of an Open Huddle
- No Host
- Participants are not assigned
- All users can search for and access open content
- Does not have a due date Self serviced and self-paced
Open Huddles in Learning Paths
- An open Huddle can be added into multiple learning paths
- With open Huddles, the responses/submissions/completion of the Participants will be carried over from one learning path to another
The purpose of a Scheduled Huddle is to contain content that is meant to be assigned to only a specific set of user(s), and to be completed as either self-paced, or by a specific due date.
Traits of a Scheduled Huddle
- Has a Host who facilitates the content, participation and grading
- When a Scheduled Huddle is created, a Huddle Template is created from which separate Huddle Events can be scheduled from.
- All users can search for and access the Huddle Template in the Library
- Coaches can assign all Participants, Managers can assign their team
- Only assigned Participants can access their respective Huddle Events
- Notifications are sent to Participants and Hosts
- Can be self-paced or have a specific due date
Scheduled Huddles in Learning Paths
- When a Scheduled Huddle is added to a Learning path, it creates a new Huddle Event from that Huddle template
- Each event of a scheduled Huddle is a standalone version cloned from the master template, and are therefore not linked to each other. This means that unlike open Huddles, exercise responses, pitches and test scores are not copied to other Huddle Event:
- Ex: If a user is assigned to Learning Path 1 and Learning Path 2, and both paths contain scheduled Huddle A, they would need to complete the event in both paths to get full credit, since completion is not linked between standalone events
- When adding a Scheduled Huddle you can carry over completion percentages from pervious Huddle Events. Learn more about keeping huddle completion here
Scheduled Huddle Templates vs. Events
When a Huddle is published as scheduled, it creates a template. This template acts as a master version for Coaches and Publishers (as well as Managers, for their own teams only) to schedule events for their Participants. Simply click the green “Schedule Huddle” button to create an event.
Coaches and Publishers can see any scheduled events (standalone, and in Learning Paths) on the righthand side of the Huddle template. Individuals and Managers can only view events that they are assigned to:
You can click into the event to view/manage the participant’s for that specific event:
- Participation occurs only in the scheduled events, not in the template
- For scheduled Huddles, the template will appear in the Library for all users in an instance (unless it is in a category with permissions)
- If a user is given a direct link to an event they are not a Participant in, they will get a 403 error (access denied):