When creating new Huddles on your Saleshood instance, you have the option to create either an Open or Scheduled huddle. This article will go over the different traits of the Open and Scheduled Huddle and how they can be used in Learning Paths.
Note: Once you select a Huddle type, it cannot be changed after saving/publishing the huddle. If you want to change a huddle type after it is published you would need to clone the huddle and change the type for the new copy.
The purpose of an Open Huddle is to contain content that can be accessed by anyone in your instance without needing to be invited or assigned to a huddle event as there are no host. Since there are also no due dates or separate events created in an open huddle a user’s completion is maintained across all Learning Paths an Open huddle is added to.
Traits of an Open Huddle
- No Host
- Groups, teams, segments and individuals cannot be assigned to Open huddles. All users can self join and participate in the Huddle
- All users can search for and access Open Huddles in the Library
- Does not have a due date and are self-paced
Open Huddles in Learning Paths
- An open Huddle can be added into multiple learning paths
- All the responses/submissions/completion of the Participants will be carried over from one learning path to another
The purpose of a Scheduled Huddle is to contain content that is meant to be assigned to only a specific set of user(s), and to be completed as either self-paced, or by a specific due date. When creating a Scheduled Huddle a Huddle Template is created in which separate Scheduled Huddles Events can be created. Each Huddle Event has a Specified Host and can have a due date assigned.
Traits of a Scheduled Huddle
- Has a Host who facilitates the content, participation and grading
- Separate Huddle Events are created from the Huddle Template
- Can be self-paced or have a specific due date
- When a Scheduled Huddle is created, a Huddle Template is created from which separate Huddle Events can be scheduled from.
- All users can search for and access the Huddle Template in the Library
- Coaches can assign all Participants, Managers can assign members their team
- Only assigned Participants can access their respective Huddle Events
- Notifications are sent to Participants and Hosts
Scheduled Huddles in Learning Paths
- When a Scheduled Huddle is added to a Learning path, it creates a new Huddle Event from that Huddle template
- Each event of a scheduled Huddle is a standalone version cloned from the master template, and are therefore not linked to each other. This means that unlike open Huddles, exercise responses, pitches and test scores are not copied to other Huddle Event (Only video watch completion is carried over)
- Ex: If a user is assigned to Learning Path 1 and Learning Path 2, and both paths contain scheduled Huddle A, they would need to complete the event in both paths to get full credit, since completion is not linked between standalone events
- When adding a Scheduled Huddle to a Learning Pathyou can carry over completion percentages from previous Huddle Events. Learn more about keeping huddle completion here
Scheduled Huddle Templates vs. Events
When a Huddle is published as scheduled, it creates a template. This template acts as a master version for Coaches and Publishers (as well as Managers, for their own teams only) to schedule events for their Participants. Simply click the green “Schedule Huddle” button to create an event.
Coaches and Publishers can see any scheduled events (standalone, and in Learning Paths) on the righthand side of the Huddle template. Individuals and Managers can only view events that they are assigned to:
Key Characteristics of the Huddle Template:
- The notification banner displayed below the modules of the Huddle, alerting the user that they are on the Template. The Template, and it’s associated modules, cannot be participated in.
- The list of Huddle Events displayed to the right of the Overview page, which shows any previously created Events from this template, as well as the specified Learning Paths that these Events have been added to.
- The URL of the Template will differ from the URL of each Scheduled Event.
- The Library houses all Templates, through which Coach, Manager and Publisher users can navigate to their relevant Huddle Events.
You can click into the event to view/manage the participant’s for that specific event:
- Participation occurs only in the scheduled events, not in the template. Users will not be able to submit exercise answers, test submissions, and pitch submissions in a template.
- For scheduled Huddles, the template will appear in the Library for all users in an instance (unless it is in a category with permissions)
- If a user is given a direct link to an event they are not a Participant in, they will get a 403 error (access denied):
Leave A Comment?
You must be logged in to post a comment.