This tutorial shows step-by-step of how to import the token of Export API in Salesforce. This API APEX package requires the Developer Edition of Salesforce to utilize.
Step 1: Create a New Salesforce Tab
- In Setup mode, navigate to Tab and create a new Custom Object Tabs.
- Label: can be any name.
- Object: select ExportAPIToken.
Step 2: Import the Field Values
- Token Name: must be “SalesHood”.
- Token Content: Here you will insert your API token which is generated using your Client ID and Secret. For more on creating a token, please refer to this article.
Step 3: Create a New External Data Source
- In Setup mode, navigate to External Data Sources and click on New External Data Sources.
- There are several fields we need to fill in:
- External Data Source: can be any name without spaces
- Name: can be any name without spaces
- Type: select this option:
- High Data Volume, Identity Name and Authentication Protocol: leave as-is
- Hit Save and the new external data source should be created successfully.
Step 4: Import External Objects from the Newly Created External Data Source
- In Setup mode, navigate to External Data Sources and click on the one created above.
- Click Validate and Sync
- Select the pre-defined tables and hit Sync. When this process runs successfully, these selected tables will become external objects.
- Edit the external objects and enable Allow Reports option. This step will make the external objects visible in the report.
Please note that every time the table(s) are re-synced (in step 3), this option will be unchecked.
Step 5: Verify the Token Works Properly
- Navigate to Reports tab, create new report and select any external object from Export API.
- Hit run to pull the report
- If it runs successfully, the data will show up, for example:
- If not, an error will show:
Making Your Correlations
Please see this Knowledge Base article for further help in correlating your SalesHood data in Salesforce.
If you need further assistance with the above, or if you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will be happy to help!